The RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol) Certificate is compulsory for any person that wishes to work in an environment where alcohol is sold.
RSA Online training is in the SITHFAB201: Provide responsible service of alcohol unit of competency, which is a segment of the Tourism, Hospitality and Events Package. This package is included in the requirements of the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF).
The duration of the RSA Online course:
The course can generally be completed in a total of 4 hours and upon being issued with your certificate you will then be able to sell and serve alcohol in any premises that are licensed.
During this unit of competency you will be taught how to:
- Recognise when customers should be refused service
- Responsibly prepare and serve alcoholic beverages
- Help the customers to drink alcohol with respect to the appropriate limits
- Provide help to customers that are affected by alcohol
By the time that you have finished the course you should have a good understanding of:
- Alcohol facts
- The laws governing alcohol
- Where responsibility lies
- What happens when customers excessively consume alcohol
The RSA training is compulsory for all workers that serve alcoholic drinks.